Friday, August 29, 2008

The Day of Joy :)

Or maybe I should write about last few days. As I told, I lost my job as a teacher's aid. That was on last Wednesday. On this Monday I called to our employment agency to inform that I lost my job. The lady gave me two phone numbers to principals who are in charge of two jobs like that one I was supposed to get. And on Tuesday I tried to catch up the another one of those principals. He was not available. I decided to call again tomorrow, and that means on Wednesday. But Tuesday evening there happened something really nice. I'm kind of volunteer helper in the ecumenical children's choir in our chruch. I just try to keep those kids quiet when we are not singing and try to make them sing nicely when they are supposed to sing.


This is my choir helper's "uniform" :)

And there is one lady who is actually same kind of helper in the choir, but in working life she is a teacher in Jyväskylä's Christian Elementary School! We talked and I explained my situation to her and she said like "please do come visit our school tomorrow, we are crying for a good one teacher's aid!". And on Wednesday I went there and talked with the principal and after 15 minutes I got hired!! That's so awesome! I knew that God had some plans for me, but this is so much better what I could have even wished!!

Well, I still gotta wait till 15th September, but it's all right cause I know that there is such a great job like that waiting for me! And I'm going to go hiking to Lapland, North Finland, for a week on Sunday with my dad and the second oldest brother, Olli. I'm really exited about that! I'm sure that's gonna be so much fun, great time and plenty of beautiful Finnish scenery. Our "mountains" are actually just hills compared to Rocky Mountains, but still I love them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi!

I read about your blog in facebook and decided to have a look. What a blog! I like especially the colours (mmm, brown <3) and your choice of language! Nice pictures too. I don't know do you prefer to get comments in English or Finnish, but because it seems that you prefer writing in English, I'll be commenting in English too.

About Finland issues: it is just soooo rude to give your job to someone else! An agreement is an agreement, even if it is not written on the paper. I hope this isn't the way these things are generally taken care of in Finland... It is just too rude to be true.

Anyway, I'm really happy that you got another job - I hope it is a better one than the other. Congratulations!!

And have a nice week at Lapland, too. Olli has been looking foward to it too - he packed his backpack yesterday and has been talking about Lapland all week :D Enjoy the scenery and Finnish countryside - and remember to take lots of photographs! Hopefully you'll put some of them in this blog :)

I'll put this in my RSS reader to keep in track.
See you!

Anonymous said...

That's really awesome that you got a job!! Good things come in time. Well sometimes haha. But I'm really happy for you! :) And Have fun on your hicking trip, it sounds like fun!