few friends of mine. And just by accident we all wore white shirts and dark coloured pants at the first meeting :) In Finnish our club's name is Marttakerho. I don't know what'd that be in English. But well, in Finland clubs named like that are usually for middle-aged or even elderly ladies who gather together and do some crafts like tatting, crocheting and knitting and have a nice little talk (A.K.A. gossiping) and a cup of coffee, of course. I can's explain this as hilariously as it is in Finnish, haha! But our Marttakerho is very youthful and so very marvelous! We have had two club meetings and everyone of us has worked toward different projects like knitting socks, scrappbooking, covering a binder with fabric and making a painting. It's really nice to have a club like that with friends, cause I love to do every kind of crafts, especially with friends :) And it's easier to fulfill all the visions and accomplish the undone projects together than alone. We meet each other every Friday, it's a good ending for weeks of studying and working. Waiting our club meeting gives a lot strength and joy what you really need sometimes during the week!
Spinny. I think it was almost the first day in Jyväskylä after my exchange trip when I noticed one commercial on my way to somewhere. It was about a new product of one of Finland's most well-known coffee and bakery shops - Arnold's Donuts. I think I could
compare that to Tim Horton's. But about the commercial. It said that The Real American Cinnamon Rolls are gonna arrive in Finland on the 28th August (and its name is Spinny)! I laughed (internally, cause I was walking alone on a street..) and thought about that I was told that many things come from Europe to Canada (or even North America), but I still think that it's conversely, mostly :) Well, I had to go and buy one Finnish "Real American Cinnamon Roll", of course. And I gotta admit that it was not a real one. Real American - or should I say Canadian ones are way much better! No doubt about it! The Finnish one was good, but it was just an ordinary cinnamon bun. Okay, it was a huge one. But I expected more than I got. But. If we'd talk about the donuts what you can get from Arnold's Donuts, they'd be potential competitors for Tim Horton's donuts!
Sunday Supper. We've actually established another club with my friends. Well, actually it's not a club, but kind of. We gather together on Sundays and make supper together. We've shared cooking turns like that on certain Sunday, certain persons make the food. One person cooks the main course and another cooks the dessert. And others are just hanging around, watching and commenting, haha! Yesterday it was my turn to cook the main course and we had tomato-onion soup and croissants on the menu. That was so much fun because I didn't tell what I was gonna make, and the other girls were wondering all kind of possibilities what I might have had on my mind :) And for the dessert we had banana-grape curd, yum!
2 comments:
en lukenu vielä tekstejä mutta voi elämä mitä kuvia :D minä NIIN karsastan tuossa ylemmässä kuvassa. hääpuku on ihanaaaan tylliunelma :) mitä se pappi siellä taustalla touhuaa :D
Heh! Minä luulen, että hän myhäilee siellä tyytyväisenä :)
Post a Comment